lunes, 12 de diciembre de 2016

FUTURE TENSES

Dear students,

In this unit we are studying all the future tenses in English. As we have seen in class, we have 5 types of future:

WILL
Predictions
It will rain tomorrow.🌂
There won’t be a war in Spain.
Do you think aliens will colonise the Earth?👽
Spontaneous decisions
-          I’m going to the cinema.🎬
-          Oh! I will go with you!
Promises and offers
I promise I will study harder.👀
I’ll be there for you.
I will help you carry those books!
“I’m sure”
I’m sure you will find a good boyfriend.💕
TO BE GOING TO
Plans
I am going to sleep all weekend long. I am so tired!😴
My parents are going to pay for my university studies.
What are you going to do tomorrow?
Predictions based on evidence
Look at those black clouds! It is going to rain!🌂🌂
Be careful! You are going to fall down the cliff!
PRESENT CONTINUOUS
Fixed plans or arrangements (when you are really sure about your plan)
I have already bought the tickets. I am travelling to USA next summer! Yayyyyy🗽

Are you coming to my party on Saturday? I sent you the invitations a month ago!
FUTURE CONTINUOUS
WILL+BE+-ing
WILL+ not+BE +-ing
WILL+Subj+BE+-ing?
For something that will be happening at a specific time in the future.
This time next year, I will be studying 2º Bachillerato.
(Dentro de un año estaré estudiando 2º Bach)
In two weeks’ time, we will be having Christmas dinner with our family.🎅🎄
(En dos semanas estaremos cenando por navidad con nuestra familia)
What will you be doing at this time tomorrow?
(¿Qué estarás haciendo mañana a estas horas?)
FUTURE PERFECT
WILL+HAVE+ participle
WILL+not+HAVE+ part.
WILL+Subj+HAVE+ part.?

For actions that will have finished at a specific moment in the future.
By Dec 22nd, we will have finished the first term.🎅🎄
(El 22 de dic habremos acabado el 1er trimestre)

I will have graduated from high school by 2018.🏆🎶
(Me habré graduado del instituto para 2018)
·         We also use the present simple with a sense of future with TIMETABLES or SCHEDULES:
The train leaves at seven o’clock (el tren sale a las siete en punto)
I finish work at 3.30 on Friday (El viernes termino de trabajar a las 3.30)
What time does the flight arrive tomorrow? (¿A qué hora llega el vuelo mañana?)

You can download this worksheet with the theory here: FUTURE THEORY.

Here you have some exercises to review the use of future:

Future 1 (worksheet + answers)
Future 2 (worksheet + answers)
Future 3 (worksheet + answers)
Future 4 (online)
Future 5 (webpage + answers)
Future 6  (online)
Future 7 (online)

Here you have examples of the future tense in songs:



Future continuous





Hope you liked the post and learnt a lot 😊

Natalia

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario